tournament rules and important information
1. Each boat entered must have at least one participant present at the Captain’s meeting.
2. It is suggested to have either a Georgia or South Carolina Fishing License depending on where a Team plans on fishing.
3. Fish one of two days available. Friday, August 9th or Saturday, August 10th
4. ALL TEAMS MUST DECLARE THEIR FISH DAYS BY NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, AUGUST 8TH @ 10:00 PM. THE TEAM CAPTAIN MUST TEXT RYAN MCKENZIE AT (912) 660-9821 FOR FISH DAY VERIFICATION OR SIGN FISH DAY SHEET AFTER THE CAPTAINS MEETING. INCLUDE TEAM #, CAPTAIN NAME AND FISH DAY IN TEXT. IF A DAY IS NOT DECLARED SATURDAY WILL BE THE DEFAULT TARPON TOURNAMENT DAY.
5. All fish must be caught in a saltwater river or sound. NO LAGOON CAUGHT FISH.
6. Boats may leave the dock at 6:00 AM from any location in Savannah. No boats may be put in at a Marina outside of the Savannah area.
7. The fishing boundary is the north side of Port Royal Sound and the south side of Sapelo Sound.
8. Lines in the water at 7:30 AM and lines out at 4:00 PM both days.
9. Boats can return to The Savannah Yacht Club Sail Loft to verify catches by 5:30 PM or participants may drive by car to deliver the videos to a Tournament Official at the Savannah Yacht Club Sail Loft on Friday, August 9th and Saturday, August 10th.
VIDEOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 5:30 PM.
10. All hookups must be called in and reported to Tournament Control. A release number will be assigned at that time.
TOURNAMENT CONTROL NUMBER: MELISSA PETERS (912) 429-8554. REFERENCE YOUR ASSIGNED TEAM #, CAPTAIN NAME & ANGLER WHEN CALLING IN FOR RELEASE #. If cell service is poor, please text. If you have rules questions, please refer to this sheet or speak with a Member of the Rules Committee, Melissa is not on the Rules Committee.
11. Each boat will be assigned four release numbers. The numbers will be distributed at the Captain's meeting.
12. Tackle: 8FT leaders maximum length.
13. Fish must be hooked and caught by one angler. The only exception is a Junior Angler. A Junior Angler 16 years old and younger may hand off the rod one time.
14. A legal catch is considered to be someone on board the boat touching the leader itself. VIDEO IS REQUIRED WITH TIME AND DATE STAMP. ALL VIDEOS MUST BE RETAINED UNTIL THE END OF THE AWARDS CEREMONY. The video will be accepted if the following continual events occur:
§ fish sighting
§ assigned release number displayed
§ person touching the leader
Winner will be determined by most releases and time of release on the day you fish. In the case of a tie, the earliest released fish wins by time. For example, If Boat “A” releases a fish on Friday @ 10:00 AM and Boat “B” releases a fish on Saturday @ 9:00 AM, and this is the only fish caught, Boat “B” would be declared the winner of the Tournament.
Rules Committee: Sam Peters, Eric Horton and . The rules committee will make the final decision on any questionable videos.
We ask respectfully that all boats entered in the tournament fish in ethical and honest ways, while respecting all boats fishing in the tournament.
Release Marine is not responsible for any damage or injury that occurs throughout the tournament or events coordinating within it.
All Boaters are responsible for themselves and their party, the choice remains up to the Boat Captain whether or not to fish on either of the Tournament Days.
In the case of inclement weather, a vote will be taken by each boats captain whether to fish on tournament day.
Tournament Payout: 100% payout; 60/30/10 + TBD Amount from Sponsorships
Calcutta: Team Auction Paying out 1st Place (60%) 2nd Place (30%) and 3rd Place (10%) of money collected minus 10% for Tournament