tournament rules and important information
1. Each boat entered must have at least one participant present at the Captain’s meeting.
2. It is suggested to have either a Georgia or South Carolina Fishing License depending on where a Team plans to fish.
3. Fish one of two days available. Friday, August 27th or Saturday, August 28th
4. ALL TEAMS MUST DECLARE THEIR FISH DAYS BY NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, AUGUST 26TH @ 5:00 PM. THE TEAM CAPTAIN MUST TEXT RYAN MCKENZIE AT (912) 660-9821 FOR FISH DAY VERIFICATION OR SIGN FISH DAY SHEET AT THE CAPTAINS MEETING. INCLUDE TEAM #, CAPTAIN NAME AND FISH DAY IN TEXT. IF A DAY IS NOT DECLARED, SATURDAY WILL BE THE DEFAULT TARPON TOURNAMENT DAY.
5. All fish must be caught in a saltwater river or sound. NO LAGOON CAUGHT FISH.
6. Boats may leave the dock at 6:00 AM from any location. Non Savannah Boats, (Richmond Hill Residents and SC Residents) may leave from their local ramp or home no sooner than 6:00 AM, and run to an “official” Savannah sound (Tybee, Wassaw, or Ossabaw) take a picture showing date and time and a recognizing landmark and text to Ryan McKenzie (912) 660-9821 for verification.
7. The fishing boundary is the north side of Port Royal Sound and the south side of Sapelo Sound.
8. Lines in the water at 7:30 AM and lines out at 4:00 PM both days.
9. A Tournament Committee Member will check in release videos at the Savannah Yacht Club flagpole/firepit on Friday, August 27th and Saturday, August
28th. You must be in line by 5:30 PM both days to verify catches. VIDEOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER 5:30 PM.
10. All hookups must be TEXTED to Tournament Control. A release number will be assigned at that time. TOURNAMENT CONTROL NUMBER: MELISSA PETERS (912) 429-8554. REFRENCE YOUR ASSIGNED TEAM # (on your Release #’s) & ANGLER WHEN TEXTING IN FOR RELEASE #. If you have rules questions, please refer to this sheet or speak with a Member of the Rules Committee. Melissa Peters and Marvee McKenzie are not on the Rules Committee. All items in question will default to the rules laid forth in this document. Attending the Captain’s Meeting will acknowledge all Rules are understood.
11. Each boat will be assigned (4) release numbers. The numbers will be distributed at the Captain's meeting in Registration Packets.
12. Tackle: 8 FT leaders - Maximum Length.
13. Fish must be hooked and caught by one angler. The only exception is a Junior Angler. A Junior Angler 16 years old and younger may hand off the rod one time.
14. A legal catch is considered verified when a Registered Angler on board the boat touches the leader and the video shows the following continuous events:
§ fish sighting (TARPON)
§ correctly assigned release number
§ person touching the leader
VIDEO IS REQUIRED WITH TIME AND DATE STAMP
ALL VIDEOS MUST BE RETAINED UNTIL THE END OF THE AWARDS CEREMONY
Winner will be determined by most releases and time of release on the day you fish. In the case of a tie, the earliest released fish wins by time. For example, If Boat “A” releases a fish on Friday @ 10:00 AM and Boat “B” releases a fish on Saturday @ 9:00 AM, and this is the only fish caught, Boat “B” would be declared the winner of the Tournament.
Rules Committee: Sam Peters, Eric Horton, Chris Peters, Bill Bowers, & Ryan McKenzie. The Rules Committee will make the final decision on any questionable videos.
We ask respectfully that all boats entered in the tournament fish in ethical and honest ways, while respecting all boats fishing in the tournament.
Release Marine is not responsible for any damage or injury that occurs throughout the tournament or events coordinating within it.
All Boaters are responsible for themselves and their party, the choice remains up to the Boat Captain whether to fish on either of the Tournament Days.
In the case of inclement weather, a vote will be taken by each boat captain whether to fish on tournament days.
Tournament Payout: 100% payout; 1st Place (60%) 2nd Place (30%) 3rd Place (10%)
*minus 5% for Registration Processing Fees.
IMPORTANT RULES TIMES & DATES
ALL VIDEOS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO A TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL AT THE SAVANNAH YACHT CLUB FLAG POLE AND FIRE PIT AREA BY NO LATER THAN 5:30 PM ON THEIR DECLARED FISH DAY. VIDEOS CANNOT BE EMAILED, AIR DROPPED OR TEXTED IN. THE TOURNAMENT REQUIRES A COPY OF THE VIDEO TO RETAIN. VIDEOS MAY BE SHOT ON PHONE, GOPRO, OR HANDHELD VIDEO RECORDER. VIDEOS MUST BE TIME DATE STAMPED WITH A FISH SIGHTING, ASSIGNED RELEASE NUMBER, AND A PERSON TOUCHING THE LEADER IN A CONTINUOUS EVENT.
ANY PROTEST MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE BY NO LATER THAN 6:30 PM ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 28, 2020.